- Animal Theology
- Genesis 1-3
- Divine Action
- 19th century History
- History of Science
- Practical Theology
- Senior member, Regent’s Park College, Oxford
- Fellow of the International Society for Science and Religion (ISSR)
- American Academy of Religion, Steering Committee for the Open & Relational Theology
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Canadian Scientific & Christian Affiliation (CSCA)
- Christians in Science UK
- Science and Religion Forum
- God, Evolution, and Animal Suffering: Theodicy without a Fall
- “Exploring Old and New Paths in Theodicy” Zygon (September 2018): 727-738.
- “On Principles and Standards in Ecological Restoration.” Journal of Ecological Restoration (February 2018): 1-5. Co-Authors: Eric Higgs, Jim Harris, Steve Murphy, Keith Bowers, Richard Hobbs, Willis Jenkins, Jeremy Kidwell, Nik Lopoukhine, Katie Suding, Allen Thompson, and Steve Whisenant.
- “God and Natural Disasters.” In A Teacher’s Guide to Science and Religion in the Classroom, eds. Berry Billingsley, Manzoorul Abedin and Keith Chappell (London: Routledge, 2018): 105-113.
- “Evolution, Suffering, and the Creative Love of God,” Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 68:2 (June 2016): 99-109.
- “When Humans are Not Unique: Perspectives on Suffering and Redemption,” The Expository Times 127:1 (October 2015): 17-22.
- “A Modest Objection: Neo-Thomism and God as a Cause Among Causes,” Theology and Science 13:3 (2015): 345-353.
- “From Survival to Love: Evolution and the Problem of Suffering.” The Christian Century 131:19 (Sep 2014). Available online at: http://www.christiancentury.
- “The Lions Roar for Prey, Seeking their Food from God’: Divine Action and Evolutionary Suffering.” in Chance or Providence? Religious Perspectives on Divine Action, ed. Louise Hickman. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing (2014): 61-78.
- “The Purpose of Dinosaurs: Evolutionary Extinction and the Goodness of God.” The Christian Century 130:20 (Oct 2013). Available online at: http://www.christiancentury.
- “The Darwin-Gray Exchange.” Theology and Science 8 (November, 2010): 417-432.